Translate

Friday 16 December 2011

Josephine Ryan house in Provence


















Josephine Ryan is a wonderful antiques dealer with a very distinctive taste and also the author of three great interiors books. She spent three years looking for the house of her dreams, and when she visited this house in Provence, halfway between Nimes and Montpelliers, it was love at first sight. The house had been abandoned for decades but she loved everything about it from the first moment she saw it. When she found the name of her mother's maiden name carved in a stone of the house, she understood that it was her destiny. But turning the abandoned house in a nice and pretty home required a lot of work and creativity. The decoration is a perfect example of Josephine's signature which she defines as a mix of modern, rusty and eccentric. She feels that there is a very strong emotional bond that links her to the place. She realizes that the peculiar characteristic of the house makes it a life commitment, a neverending work in progress because there is always some work to be done. You can visit Josephine's website here :

14 comments:

My Scandinavian Home said...

Wow! What a beautiful home, I have a real weakness for white spaces anyway and this bright and airy home with all the natural materials and lovely finds is just beautiful!

Carol Carneiro said...

Hi, Christelle! I'm brazylian, so, I ask you sorry because my english isn't so good! So, I was on "casabella's blog" and saw your "Home". Here is delicious e and I loved these images! I also have a blog and if you want to visit me, my adress is: www.blogcarolcarneiro.blogspot.com
Kiss: Carol

Francine Gardner said...

Heavenly..

Rikke said...

WOW!!

Dee said...

I love your blog... great decor all throughout.
beneaththeelmtree.blogspot.com

sbo said...

coolsbobet

Toronto Real Estate said...

This is an interesting find and we expect to hear more on these home design so attractive feature handles

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog..Great pics and so much inspiration:) I wish you a lovely weekend.
LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se

ashley said...

love those rustic ceilings/walls... so good

design indoor said...

O My God, lovely interior...
it's so antique

warm regards from me...

Unknown said...

The bedroom looks great, so relaxed with all these natural colours and textures...

cathRN said...

absolutee perfection!

Karena said...

Christelle I adore her style and antiques of course; that chandelier!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

POWDER GREY said...

What a beautiful home, great post thank you..